Backup & Recovery Presentation
Published Monday, May 01, 2006 by Radoslav Rusinov | E-mail this post
Two weeks ago I had a presentation in front of Bulgarian Oracle User Group about Backup & Recovery Enhancements in Oracle 10g.
The agenda of the presentation:
It includes information about enhancements in Oracle 10g (Release 1 and Release 2) related to Human Errors (Flashback Enhancements) and Media Failures (Physical Backup & Recovery Enhancements).
- Flash Recovery Area
- Flashback Technology Enhancements
- Space Pressure & Database Hangs
- Physical Backup & Recovery Enhancements
Many assertions in this presentation are either in result of tests performed on a specific environment or expressing my current views about how a particular feature works.
I want to put some notes here:
- Always use Oracle Documentation and Metalink Support Site as your main technical source.
- Although many technical presentations about this topic are a great additional source, I can highly recommend to everyone testing of every questionable assertion that they contains.
- If you are interested in some of mentioned enhancements and features – test them very carefully on your specific environment before to decide to use them on your production environment. Test not just the feature but its behavior in real-life situations (for instance: space pressure situations, etc.)
In few additional posts I will try to present most of the Backup & Recovery Enhancements in Oracle 10g in much deeper details and especially Flashback Enhancements. Flashback Enhancements improve in a great way the Oracle’s ability to respond of Human Errors and are very powerful.
The link for the presentation: Backup & Recovery Enhancements in Oracle 10g
It can be found on the right frame on the blog as well, under section: Articles & Presentations
Labels: Backup and Recovery